Meta takes new AI system offline because Twitter users are mean


When I got Meta’s new scientific AI system to generate well-written research papers on the benefits of committing suicide, practicing antisemitism, and eating crushed glass, I thought to myself: “this seems dangerous.” In fact, it seems like the kind of thing that the European Union’s AI Act was designed to prevent (we’ll get to that later). After playing around with the system and being completely shocked by its outputs, I went on social media and engaged with a few other like-minded futurists and AI experts. I literally got Galactica to spit out: – instructions on how to (incorrectly) make napalm…

This story continues at The Next Web

Or just read more coverage about: Twitter

from The Next Web https://ift.tt/GnvjWYr

Comments